Scrape product reviews from AmazonTuesday, September 19, 2017 11:30 AM
In this tutorial, we will show you how to scrape the product reviews from Amazon.com. For Amazon scraping, you could use our ready-to-use Task Template available on the home page or follow this tutorial to build the task from scratch.
Here are the main steps in this tutorial: [Download demo task file here]
1. Open Target Webpage
2. Click To See All Reviews
3. Auto-detect Webpage and Create Workflow
4. Adjust AJAX timeout for Paginate
5. Check the Data and Workflow
6. Run Task to Extract Data
1) Open Target Webpage
- Paste the URL and click Start
2) Click To See All Reviews
- Scroll down the page to find the See all reviews button
- Click on it and choose Click URL
3) Auto-detect Webpage and Create Workflow
- Select Auto-detect web page data
- Wait for the detection - uncheck Add a page scroll - Create workflow
4) Adjust AJAX timeout for Paginate
- Click on Click to Paginate - adjust Timeout to 10s
5) Check the Data and Workflow
- Go to Data preview to check if the current data output, double click on the header to rename it, or click ... to delete a field
- Below is how the final workflow looks like, if everything is in place, you can continue to run the task
6) Run Task to Extract Data
- Run the task on the top right corner: Run task on your device to run the task on your local device, or select Run task in the cloud" to run the task on the Cloud (for premium users only)
- Here is the sample output -
Happy Data Hunting!
Author: The Octoparse Team
For more information about Octoparse, please click here.
Sign up today.