Octoparse has gone live for over 600 days since it was first released on March 15th, 2016. We’ve had an awesome year working with all of our users. Before going into the details of the achievements we have made this year, I want to give a huge thanks to you all. Everyone’s feedback and contributions have been unbelievable and it’s phenomenal to hear the success stories coming from all of those using Octoparse.
Here at Octoparse we are going through a period of high growth in the past year and are looking forward to the many exciting updates we plan to roll out over the next 12 months!
What we have done in the past 12-months
On March 15th, 2016, we had our first registered user. Soon after, we got our first paying user in April. Since the launch of Octoparse, the Octoparse team have been dedicated to improving user experience through continuous efforts,
- We had sent out a Customer Survey created with all sorts of juicy questions. And the most important one of all, was the question “How could we improve Octoparse to better meet your needs?”.
- After learning about users’ pain points, which in many cases have to do with not knowing how to use the product to acquire the data they want, the Octoparse team immediately switch our operation focus to content creation. In the past 600 days, we had managed to put together over 600 content pieces, including over 400 tutorials, case studies, and FAQ’s, other being introductory blogs to the web scraping industry. Each of our tutorials is well demonstrated with videos or GIF’s of step-by-step instructions. Our goal was to make sure users of any kind coming to our tool with all sorts of purposes will get specific instruction on how to use Octoparse to achieve their web scraping goals.
- Apart from self-help materials, we’ve also had a friendly bunch of supports offering complimentary task configuring assistance to all users and solve all other problems We handle 57 task configuration requests on average every single day. Till now, we had helped over 4000 users with their tasks. The one user that we worked with the most had over 100 tasks reviewed and fixed by our support team.
- In efforts to provide faster data extraction, we had increased the number of cloud servers from 6 to 14 for our paying users, without any extra charge.
- We had also launched a new version of the website in August 2017, featuring top-down mega menu and a new classification of tutorials making the whole navigation experience a lot easier.
All of these has made our users feeling better and better about our product. And we had received many compliments from them too.
We are really grateful and we are going to work harder to make Octoparse a better product.
We are growing fast
Here’re some charts about Octoparse’s growth:
Octoparse searched in Google Trends
The revenue growth of Octoparse
The user growth of Octoparse
Our fastest growth month-on-month this year was 30%. We aim to grow 20% month-on-month but we definitely expect the growth to speed up as more people gets to know about Octoparse.
Our voices are heard and words are found on many different platforms this year as part of our content marketing strategy. Many users have gotten to know about Octoparse from various communities, such as Medium, Quora, Facebook, Twitters, Youtube before even started the first search for “web scraping tool”. Experimenting with all kinds of contents inside the realm of SEO and working with some guest writers, all is going well. However, we have to admit that we could make our blog a lot better and we welcome co-operation with all of you.
Now that we’ve built the product that has the features you want; it’s time to smooth out all of the remaining jitters and bugs for we want to make Octoparse a truly great and useful product.
We would love to hear the thoughts from all of you about what we could have done better or what had made you working with Octoparse happily. And we want more people to co-operate with us; If you are interested, contact us at any time.
Once again, thank you to everyone who has been a part of the Octoparse journey so far!
Author: The Octoparse Team