Scrape leads from YellowpagesTuesday, December 27, 2016 10:05 PM
Lead generation is one of the most important parts of any sales process. Yellowpages is a good data resource for companies in any industry to collect leads. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to scrape the leads from Yellowpages.
For Yellowpages, you can visit our easy-to-use "Task Template" on the main screen of the Octoparse scraping tool. All you need to do is type in several parameters and the task is ready to go. For further details, you may check it out here: Task Templates
If you want to know how to build a task from scratch with Octoparse, please follow the steps below. We will use the URL below in order to scrape data such as title, address, telephone and etc.
Here are the main steps in this tutorial:[Download demo task file here ]
1. "Go to Web Page" - Open the target web page
2. Auto-detect the web page - create a workflow
3. Click into each detail link to scrape more information
4. Extract Data - extract data on the detail pages
5. Set up wait time - slow down the scraping speed
6. Start extraction - run the task and get data
1) "Go to Web Page"Open the targeted web page
- Enter the URL on the home page and click Start
2) Auto-detect the web page - create a workflow
- Click "Auto-detect web page data" and wait for the detection to complete
Go to "Data preview" to see if you're okay with the current data output
- You can delete unnecessary data fields directly by clicking the icon
- You can also modify the data field names here directly by clicking the icon
- Uncheck "Add a page scroll"
- Click "Create workflow"
If the data you need can all be scraped from the listing page, you can just jump to Set up wait time to slow down the scraping speed. If you want to click on each detail link to get more information, please follow the next step.
3) Click into each detail link to scrape more information
- Choose to “Click on link(s) to scrape the linked page(s)” on the Tips panel
- Select "Click on an extracted data field" and select the one you want to click on from the drop-down menu (you can confirm if it's the correct link in the Data Preview)
- Click on "Confirm"
4) Extract Data - extract data on the detail pages
- Select information from the web page
- Choose "Extract text of the element"
- Repeat the above steps to extract all the data you need
- Double click on the field name to rename it if needed
5) Set up wait time to slow down the scraping speed
Since Yellowpages might block your IP if you scrape it too much, we need to control the scraping speed.
- Click on the "Extract Data1" action
- Tick "Wait before action" under "Options"
- Set up time as 5s-10s
6) Run extraction - run your task and get data
- Click "Run" on the upper left side
- Select "Run on your device" to run the task on your computer, or select "Run task in the Cloud" to run the task in the Cloud (for premium users only)
Here is the sample output.
Is this article helpful? Contact us anytime if you need our help!
Happy Data Hunting!
Author: The Octoparse Team
For more information about Octoparse, please click here.
Sign up today.