Step-by-step tutorials for you to get started with web scrapingDownload Octoparse
Scrape Data Via Google Searching
Friday, September 21, 2018
The title is one of the important factors in content marketing. To present the most attractive titles to our customers and increase the clicking rate, we might need to learn from the examples by googling. Also, by collecting data from google result, we can learn what kind of contents that our target groups might be concerned with.
This tutorial will show you how to use Octoparse to scrape web information from google.com with simple steps.
Here are the main steps in this tutorial:[Download demo task file here ]
1) "Go To Web Page" - to open the targeted web page
· Create the task with "Advanced Mode".
· Paste the URL into the "Extraction URL" box and click "Save URL" to move on
2) "Enter Text" – search the information in Octoparse
· Click "Search Bar" and then the "Enter text" on the "Action Tips" Penal
· Click the "Search" button and then the "Click item"
Since the website is not compatible with the default built-in browser, we need to change another browser to open the website successfully.
3) Create a pagination loop - to scrape all data from the list
· Scroll down and click "Next"
· Click "Loop click next page" on the "Action Tips" panel and the pagination step will be auto-created in the workflow.
4) Create a "Loop Item" - to loop click into each item on each list
· Click each step on the workflow
· Click the title items and choose "select all" on the "Action Tips" panel
· Click "Extract link text"
5) Extract data - to select the data for extraction
· Select the other information you need and click the "Extract text of the selected element"
6) Customize data field - to revise the field name (Optional)
· Revise the field name by typing the words into the blank directly.
7) Save and start extraction - to run the task and get data
· Click "Start Extraction" and select "Local Extraction" which can help you to do the troubleshooting job.
· Extract the result you need and start analyzing for your content marketing.
Was this article helpful? Contact us any time if you need our help!
- Most popular tutorials
- Scrape product data from Walmart
- Scrape product data from Flipkart
- Dealing with Infinitive Scrolling/Load More
- Scrape room listings data from Airbnb
- Scrape real estate data on Realtor.com