How to Avoid the CookieWall When Scraping the Website in OctoparseThursday, April 21, 2016 6:16 AM
If you want to scrape some web pages from a website and the cookie will message would always come first when the web page is loaded in Octoparse, you can configure a rule to remove the cookie wall. Here we would take https://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/499161144640027/Walnusseis-mit-Ahornsirup.html for instance and solve the problem by the following steps.
1. Log into Octoparse and create a task with the target website, which is https://www.chefkoch.de/rezepte/499161144640027/Walnusseis-mit-Ahornsirup.html.
2. After the web page is loaded, we will notice that a cookie message window has appeared on the screen.
3. Click Zustimmen and then select Click button from the Tips panel
4. Now Octoparse will close the cookie wall the first time it appears.
5. If we open any subpage of the website, we would find that the cookie wall was removed, and then you can extract any data on the website.
Now you have successfully passed the cookie wall and may continue your task building.
Happy Data Hunting!
Author: The Octoparse Team
For more information about Octoparse, please click here.
Sign up today.