Step-by-step tutorials for you to get started with web scrapingDownload Octoparse
Why I have data missing/no data even I do see it in workflow?Friday, September 07, 2018
No data extracted in local extraction can be caused by the following reasons:
1) The web page provided does not load completely.
If you find Octoparse stops directly even before the web page loads, you can try to increase the timeout to make sure the page loads completely.
2) The data is loaded after the web page loading completes
If the website loads completely, but Octoparse still stops and extract nothing, a load delay may be considered. Many websites apply JSON tech to update page, which will cause the load delay of some information you want. In such case, you can set up wait time to the step next to "Go to web page". Check out how to set up wait time here
3) The data loading needs the page to be scrolled down.
Information, like an image that does not show on the first screen sometimes would only load until you scroll the page down. So we need to set up scroll down to the “Go to web page” action.
4) AJAX timeout is not long enough to update the data.
If the data is loaded after you click a button like “show more”, make sure you have set up enough AJAX Load timeout to wait for the data update.
- Most popular tutorials
- Extract multiple pages through pagination
- Scraping info from Craigslist
- Scraping search results from Google Scholar
- Scraping restaurant info from Grubhub
- Scrape product images from eBay