Step-by-step tutorials for you to get started with web scrapingDownload Octoparse
Can I extract a table/form?
Tuesday, September 18, 2018
With Octoparse, you can easily extract data from tables or forms on websites. For detailed guidance, you can refer to the complete tutorial Capture a table .
The key is to enable Octoparse to capture each row of the table as an individual section. Thus the data in each cell can be extracted by row in a loop.
· Click on the first cell in the first row of the table
· Keep clicking on the expansion icon from Action Tips until the whole row is highlighted (usually the tag should be TR)
· Repeat the first 2 steps on the second row
· Have every row of the table highlighted
· Select "Select all sub-elements" from Action Tips to have each cell captured as a sub element
· Select "Extract data" from Action Tips, and then just delete/edit the data fields as you need
- Most popular tutorials
- What's new in Octoparse 7.1?
- Scrape product data from Tokopedia
- Scrape product information from Amazon
- Scrape hotel data from Booking.com
- Scrape listings from Airbnb