Step-by-step tutorials for you to get started with web scrapingDownload Octoparse
Lesson 1: Downloading and getting startedThursday, August 16, 2018
In a series of 8 introductory lessons, we’ll go through the basics from account setup to extracting multi-page websites.
As with learning any software, hands-on experience is critical for quickly mastering web data extraction with Octoparse. Following through lesson 1 to 8, users can expect to fully grasp how to use Octoparse to capture data from a page, a list, or information spanning over multiple pages. Completing all 8 lessons will require 30 to 60 minutes. Have fun!
1. System Requirements
1) Windows XP, 7,8 or 10
Octoparse is only supported on Windows operating systems. Mac users can use virtual machines such as VirtualBox, Parallels, or VMware. There are also cloud-based virtual machines available for remote access.
2) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 service pack 1* (.NET 3.5 SP1) (Click HERE to download if it is not already installed）
Can I use a higher version of .Net Framework?
A higher version of .NET Framework cannot be used in place of version 3.5. User can install a different version of .NET Framework concurrently on the same operating system.
2. Download Octoparse Client
Once the download is completed, follow the steps below to install Octoparse,
1. Unzip the downloaded file
2. Start the installation by double clicking on setup.exe
3. Follow the installation instructions
4. Once the installation is completed, click on the Octoparse icon to open the client
5. Sign in with your username and password or sign up for a new account if you do not have an existing account already
You are now ready to start your web scraping journey!
Watch our [introductory video (coming soon)] to learn how to quickly build and run a crawler with Octoparse.
- Most popular tutorials
- Scraping search results from Google Scholar
- Scraping info from Craiglist
- Scraping restaurant info from Grubhub
- Scrape product images from eBay
- Scraping video info from Youtube