Step-by-step tutorials for you to get started with web scrapingDownload Octoparse
Why can't I run Octoparse after installation?Wednesday, December 04, 2019
The latest version for this tutorial is available here. Go to have a check now!
To troubleshoot the installation issue, we need to identify it first. Use the checklist below, you could find the cause of and the corresponding solution to most installation issues.
Let’s check step-by-step:
1. Does your PC system meet the installation requirements?
√ I’m using Windows XP, 7, 8, or 10
× I’m using OS/Linux → Use Octoparse on a non-Windows machine (Mac/Linux)
√ I’ve installed Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
× I do have .NET Framework, but it’s not 3.5 → Why do I still need .Net Framework 3.5 to run Octoparse?
2. Is your anti-virus software blocking Octoparse?
√ No. My anti-virus software seems to get along well with Octoparse.
× Yes. I got warnings from my anti-virus software. → How to stop anti-virus software from blocking Octoparse?
3. Do you have the Admin Right to the PC for Octoparse installation?
√ Yes, I do.
× No, I don’t. → To install Octoparse, you must be logged on to an administrative account.
4. Are you connected to the Internet?
× No. → Please check your Internet connection. Internet access is a must for Octoparse.
5. Are you in the region that gets banned from accessing to U.S. servers?
× Yes. → You will need a VPN to bypass the region-based blocked Internet.
If this checklist doesn't work out your case, please reach us at Contact Support.
- Most popular tutorials
- Use lists to extract
- Set up proxies
- Scrape data via Google Searching
- Extract data from source code
- How to export extracted data to a database?