Why does Octoparse crash itself or freeze?
The updated version of this tutorial (based on the latest webpage) is available now. Go to have a check here!
Sometimes Octoparse might crash itself or freeze, it may be due to the following reasons:
1. Your anti-virus software is blocking Octoparse
Resolution: Add Octoparse as an exception in your antivirus software and reinstall Octoparse.
2. The VPN or proxy is on when launching Octoparse
Resolution: Turn off your VPN, proxy.
3. Your PC system doesn't meet the installation requirements
Resolution: Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. Click here for more details.
4. Your Octoparse needs an update
Resolution: Try our newest version. Click here to download
5. When running a task locally, the website loads additional content by clicking on the "Load more" button or scrolling infinitely.
Resolution: Set up to end the loop after certain times to stop loading more items.
6. Directly pasted over 10000 URLs.
Resolution: Input the URLs from a file instead.
7. Some websites take much memory or intentionally use this way to crash the scraping program.
Resolution: Try our cloud extraction. You can apply for trial here